The Odisha Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme provides an incentive to couples who have recently gotten married in an inter-caste marriage. This scheme helps couples settle down in the initial phase of their married life by offering financial assistance of Rs 2.5 lakh.
To apply for the scheme, there are certain eligibility criteria that couples must meet. To apply for the scheme, candidates must visit the online government portal at sumangal.odisha.gov.in.
In this article, we will discuss the steps to apply for the Odisha Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme.
Eligibility criteria to avail inter-caste marriage incentive in Odisha:
To get the benefit of the scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The marriage should be valid as per the law and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Both spouses should be citizens of India, permanent residents of Odisha, and professing the Hindu religion.
- One of the spouses should belong to the scheduled caste as defined under Article 341 of the Constitution of India.
To apply for the Odisha Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Scanned photo copy of the registered marriage certificate.
- Scanned photo copy of caste certificate of both spouses stating therein the community and the sub-caste to which they belong.
- Couple's joint photo (husband and wife).
- ANNEXURE II & IV are scanned photocopies of the Declaration form.
- Scanned photo copy of joint bank passbook of the couple in any Govt./Nationalized Bank.
- Scanned photo copy of Date of Birth certificate of both spouses.
Steps to apply for the Odisha Inter-Caste marriage scheme:
- Visit the official website of sumangal.odisha.gov.in.
- Click on the "Register here" link.
- Create your account and fill in the required fields to successfully create your account.
- Fill in the personal details of your marriage details, like applicant name, Aadhar card number, district, and block name.
- Upload the required documents, like marriage certificate, caste certificate, declaration form II and bank passbook front page.
- Submit the details to successfully submit your application.
It is recommended that the Joint Bank Account be held in any nationalised bank. For fraud prevention, the couple can only withdraw the money after three years of marriage.
Following successful registration, the deposit is usually made within two months.