Bargarh: Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC), northern range, Bhaskar Jyoti Sharma on Thursday began investigation into the attack on the convoy of Union ministers Santosh Gangwar and Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti here on June 24.
Source said at least 45 persons gave oral evidences, in connection with the attack which evoked widespread criticism from the Opposition BJP and Congress.
Besides, he spoke to officials of the district administration who were present on the occasion when Gangwar’s vehicle was damaged.
Official sources said, notices have been sent to police officials, executive magistrate, activists of BJP, BJD and Collector and SP of Bargarh in connection with the incident.
On June 24, the BJD workers had broken the windshield of the vehicle when Gangwar was on his way to attend an event in Bargarh district. The minister, however, had escaped unhurt.
So far, 16 persons had been arrested for their alleged involvement in the incident and are now out on bail. Names of 12 other persons, including MLAs Devesh Acharya and Sushanta Singh; president of Sambalpuri Bastralaya Handloom Cooperative Societies Limited Sambit Acharya; former district BJD president Prabhaditya Mishra; Zilla Parishad member Soubhagya Nayak and chairman of Bargarh Municipality Prashanta Behera find mention in the Case Diary of police which has been submitted in the court.
In a major relief to Acharya, two days back, the Orissa High Court asked the State government not to take coercive action against the MLA.