Cuttack: As many as 492 missing children have been rescued so far ,within Odisha in the first phase of the Operation Muskan-II, now in its closing stages, Special DG, Crime Branch, BK Sharma said today.
Talking to OTV today, Sharma said 51 of the rescued children are from Balasore, 50 from Cuttack and 46 from Ganjam. The first phase had begun on July 25, he added.
The second phase of Operation Muskan-II, which would see Odisha police personnel fanning out to various other states in search of missing children from Odish, would begin on August 10 and continue till August 24, he said.
“For its successful operation, a one-day training camp will be conducted at the Crime Branch headquarters here on August 9. The training camp will be attended by the officers of the state police, Women and Child Development and Labour Welfare departments, who will take part in the second phase of the operation. Besides, Women and Child Development secretary Vishal Dev and IG, EOW, Arun Bothra will also be present in the training camp,” Sharma said.
He said 10 special teams have been formed for the Operation, which has been jointly taken up by the Crime Branch, Labour Welfare and Women and Child Development departments.
“The teams will go to 10 states, including Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu and trace out the missing children of Odisha,” Sharma added.