2 home guards die in Malkangiri after consuming spurious liquor
Malkangiri: Two home guards in Malkangiri district died allegedly after consuming poisonous liquor on Wednesday night.
The deceased duo, identified as Bisnu Majhi and Raghu Pujari, was working at the Gobindapali police outpost. While on duty at the outpost on Wednesday night, they complained of stomach ache and were admitted to the Malkangiri District Headquarters Hospital (DHH). Doctors at the hospital gave treated the two, but failed to save their lives.
Dr Sapan Kumar Denda of the hospital said the two were admitted to the hospital at different times. While one of them was admitted in the afternoon, the othercame around midnight. Both of them suddenly died following respiratory arrest.
“The second man said they had consumed alcohol. Hence, consumption of poisonous liquor is suspected to be the reason of their death,” the doctor said.
However, the exact reason for their death is yet to be ascertained, police said. Investigation into the incident has started and the dead bodies of the two would be handed over to their family members after post-mortem, police said.