Two female elephants electrocuted in Sonepur
Sonepur: Two female elephants reportedly died at Tithipali reserve forest in Subarnapur in the district on Sunday morning.
Though the exact reason behind the deaths is yet to be ascertained, DFO of Sonepur forest range said the pachyderms might have died after coming in contacts with solar fencing wire.
Sources said the solar fencing wire was found connected to a live extra-high tension wire resulting in the instant death of the two wild jumbos.
Till the last report came in, the Forest officials are yet to arrive at the spot.
It may be mentioned that three elephants were electrocuted in last month.
While one pachyderm aged between six to seven years died at Seramunda in Nuagada reserve forest on October 30, two female elephants were electrocuted at Unani village under Ambabhana block in Bargarh district on October 23.