IBPS PO 2017 notification out; check details
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Monday released the notification for recruitment of 3,562 Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees (PO/MT) in various public sector banks and other participating organizations.
The online registrations for the IBPS PO/MT 2017 will start tentatively on August 16 and will close on September 5, 2017.
The online examination will be held in two phases – preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in Preliminary examination and get shortlisted will have to appear for main examination. Shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be conducted by the participating organizations and coordinated by the nodal bank.
A candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or have any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet/Degree Certificate that he/she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
He/she should be aged between 20 and 30 years (i.e. the candidate must not have been born earlier than 02.08.1987 and not later than 01.08.1997 – both dates inclusive).
The first stage of recruitment or the online preliminary examination will be held on October 7, 8, 14 and 15. The results of the preliminary examination will be declared in October 2017. The online main exam will be held on November 26 and its result will be declared in December. The interview will be held in January/February 2018 and the provisional allotment to the selected candidates will take place in April 2018.
Out of the 3,562 vacancies, 1,738 vacancies have been reserved for general candidates, 961 for OBCs, 578 for SCs and 285 for ST candidates, respectively. IBPS vacancies are likely to increase as four banks have not yet reported about any vacancy.
Application fees/intimation charges can be paid from August 16 to September 5. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates is Rs 100 and for all others, it is Rs 600. Bank transaction charges for online payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidates.
In a major change to Main Exam of 2017, IBPS has also introduced a descriptive paper in its mains exam for selection of candidates to the post of Probationary officer, similar to the pattern followed in SBI PO 2017.
Important dates for IBPS PO 2017 (Tentative)
- Online registration – 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)-16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017
- Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training – September 2017
- Conduct of Pre-Exam Training – 23.09.2017 to 29.09.2017
- Download of call letters for online examination (Preliminary) – September 2017
- Online Examination (Preliminary) – 07.10.2017, 08.10.2017, 14.10.2017 15.10.2017
- Result of Online exam– Preliminary- October 2017
- Download of Call letter for online exam – Mains: November 2017
- Online Examination (Main) – 26.11.2017
- Declaration of Result (Main) – December 2017
- Download of call letters for interview- January 2018
- Conduct of interview – January / February 2018
- Provisional Allotment – April 2018
Note: The aspiring candidates can check detailed notification on the official website of IBPS www.ibps.in and are advised to regularly keep in touch with the website for any latest updates.