11 abducted villagers freed, dubbed as ‘militia’ by DGP
Bhubaneswar/ Malkangiri: All the 11 people, who were abducted by Maoists on April 13, were reportedly released by the rebels after trial in Praja Court.
“All the 11 persons allegedly kidnapped by the Maoists have returned to their villages by today evening. All of them are in good health,” Inspector General of Police (South-West) range Y K Jethwa said.
While the Maoists had released two persons last night and three others this morning, the remaining six persons were released after being produced at a “Praja Court” held at Luller village under Mathili block area bodering Chhattishgarh, locals said.
However, DGP Sanjeev Marik did not accept it as a case of kidnapping. “Many of them (of the 11 persons) are members of the militia group or sympathisers. They had gone on their own,” the DGP claimed.
Earlier in the day, DGP Sanjeev Marik informed that Maoists freed five including former block chairman of Mathili Trinath Bhumia of the total 11 abducted villagers even as he dubbed them all as Maoist sympathisers. Operation is continuing to rescue the remaining, he had said earlier.
Maoists had allegedly kidnapped 11 persons including the former block chairman of Mathili from Kirtanpalli and Barha villages in malkangiri district on late Monday night.