Man, son electrocuted to death in Nayagarh

457

Nayagarh: In a saddening incident, a man and his son died after coming in contact with a live wire in Gambharidihi village under Itamati block of the district during wee hours today.

The mishap occurred when the villager, identified as Anath Mohapatra, going towards his farmland came in contact with the live electric wire that was snapped since last night. He died on the spot.

After receiving information, Anath’s son Bhikari Mohapatra reached the mishap site to save his father. But he also got electrocuted and critically injured.

Also Read: Woman, Son Killed In Car Mishap

Locals present near the spot somehow rescued the son and took him immediately to the Nayagarh district headquarters hospital where he was declared dead.

Though the electricity department was informed last night about the snapped power cable, none from the department took any measures due to which the mishap occurred this morning, alleged a local.

Meanwhile, locals blocked the NH-57 by placing the dead bodies on road demanding ex-gratia for family members of the deceased.

As per the latest reports, the district administration has deployed police personnel to ease tension.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...