Seven suffer burns as cylinder bursts

Balangir: At least seven persons of a family sustained serious burns when a cooking gas cylinder burst and caught fire in a house of Laxminagar para area here today.

The mishap occurred when food was being cooked and the cylinder suddenly burst with flame engulfing one room of the two-room house, police officials said.

Seven members of the family, including two women and four children, sustained serious burn injuries. Initially all the injured persons were admitted to the District Headquarter Hospital.

Later, four children were shifted to the VSS Medical College Hospital at Burla as their condition was stated to be critical, they said.

}