Naveen dedicates 10 lakh pucca houses to beneficiaries

Bhubaneswar: To mark the birth centenary of Biju Patnaik and 80th anniversary of Odisha formation day, chief minister Naveen Patnaik dedicated 10 lakh pucca houses to the beneficiaries.

Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said the state government under its Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana (BPGY) has constructed 10 lakh pucca houses in two years for the people living in rural areas, which is a record achievement in the entire country.

“I am confident that as per our commitment, we will convert all kutcha houses into pucca houses in next two years,” he added.

On the other hand, criticising the BPGY of the state government, BJP leader Samir Mohanty said of the total houses constructed under the BPGY and Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the state government bears 19 percent of the total cost while the remaining 81 percent is borne by the Centre.

“For this, I want to thank the Prime minister on behalf of the people of Odisha,” he added.