Diwali mishap: 30 injured in cracker blast admitted to Capital Hospital
Bhubaneswar/Bhadrak/Rayagada: At least 30 persons were admitted to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Sunday evening after getting injured in cracker explosion during Diwali celebrations at different parts of the State.
One person in critical condition was shifted to the SCB Hospital in Cuttack.
Besides, fire broke out at 15 places in Bhubaneswar during Diwali celebration which was brought under control by the fire personnel in short span of time.
An elderly woman of Gandamunda area in Bhubaneswar was injured severely in the earthen lamp fire and admitted to the Capital Hospital.
Besides, a youth was electrocuted while fitting Diwali lights at his house in Balipata village under Kanhia block of Angul district.
In Bhadrak, a youth was injured in crackers explosion at Paliabindha. Similarly, four got hurt in cracker blast at Penta and Halua of Rayagada district.
In Pipili, five houses were gutted in cracker fire at Rajas village under Balipatna block whereas three houses were destroyed at Buhalo village in Salipur.