Days after BJD supremo and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik took a dig at the national parties, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Jagat Prakash Nadda on Tuesday gave a befitting reply by highlighting alleged misgovernance in the state.
Though the ruling BJD always pats its own back over good governance, Nadda targeted the state government and the BJD by asking, “What kind of government is it and who is running the government in Odisha? We have failed to understand.
During his one-day visit to Odisha, Nadda tore into the BJD government by raking up several issues including the Ratna Bhandar of Puri Lord Jagannath.
Addressing a huge public meeting at Tumudibandha in Kandhamal district, the BJP National President said, “Where is the key of Ratna Bhandar (treasure trove)? I want to ask the Naveen Patnaik government why no step has been taken for the protection of Ratna Bhandar.” Nadda also took a jibe at the state government by asking, “Where is the key of Ratna Bhandar? Where has the original key of Ratna Bhandar been lost? The CM has to answer.”
According to Nadda, the BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik had promised that it will come up with Odia University in four years, but already five years have passed and there is no sign of it.
Citing the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, the BJP National President said that crime against women in Odisha has almost doubled and it is shameful that human trafficking has assumed serious proportions as well.
“Women are not safe and what is the government doing. Tribals and others are also being tortured here. The criminal attack on police is also high. Should we allow such government to remain in power,” said Nadda in his address while stating, “What kind of state it is where one doesn’t know who is running the government.”
The BJP National President also assured Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik of depriving 60 lakh people of the benefits of Ayushman Bharat. It is only Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government that has been successfully addressing issues relating to poor, deprived, neglected, farmers and women across the country, said Nadda.
What has BJP govt done for Odisha? Nadda presents report card
- Rs 202 crore for seismic survey Mahanadi basin.
- Commercial oil and gas production in Mahanadi basin.
- For tribal students and backward areas, 87 residential Ekalavya schools in Odisha which is highest number of schools in India.
- Bhubaneswar railway station being redeveloped.
- Jal Jeevan Mission, Rs 3023 crore being spent to ensure drinking water reaches households.
- Rs 401 crore for Sambalpur India Institute Management’s building.
- Rs 1500 crore spent for Indian Institute Of Science Education in Berhampur.
- Skill India International Centre, Skill Development Institute is being set up in Bhubaneswar.
- Rs 4000 crore spent in Odisha under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.
- Rs 13400 crore for 1300 km National Highways.
- Rs 9000 crore for 1214 km of national highway.
- 8 Eklavya schools being set up in Kandhamal.