Whole Pumpkin Prawn Roast - Try this unique recipe at home today
This Odisha-specific recipe has a rustic touch to it as this uses the oldest method of cooking which is roasting.
‘Whole Pumpkin Prawn Roast’
Whole Pumpkin Prawn Roast is a flavourful and easy prawn recipe that you can enjoy with friends or at a get-together with family.
This Odisha-specific recipe has a rustic touch to it as this uses the oldest method of cooking which is roasting. It can be paired with some steamed rice or roti to make a scrumptious meal.
- Small prawns
- Mustard paste
- Garlic paste
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Tomato
- Red chili powder
- Jeera Powder
- Small Tender Pumkin
- Salt according to taste
How to make
- Marinate the prawns with garlic paste, chopped onion, chopped tomato, turmeric, red chili powder, jeera powder, mustard paste, and oil.
- Then take the tender pumpkin, cut its upper part and then scoop out the seeds from it.
- After cleaning the pumpkin, pour the marinated prawns inside it and seal the pumpkin.
- Now, place the sealed pumpkin in the fire and let it cook for 15-20.
- Take out the pumpkin from the fire and let it cool before slicing it and serving the prawns.