Gajar Chicken: Try this new healthy chicken recipe now
Gajar Chicken or Carrot Chicken is a unique healthy chicken dish which can be made with very less oil and ingredients. This semi gravy chicken curry is a great accompaniment with rotis, parathas and fried rice.
Instructions for Gajar Chicken:
If you are short of time, you can also pressure cook the carrots and tomato.
You can also skip the marination for chicken and use washed chicken only.
You can also add beetroot to your carrot and tomato puree to give it a rich colour.
- 750 gm Chicken
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 12-14 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 medium-sized onions (chopped)
- 2 medium sized carrot
- 1 Tomato
- 1 cup Yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chicken curry powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
How to make
- Wash the chicken and marinate it with lemon juice and turmeric.
- Boil the carrots and tomato in water till they are soft.
- Let the carrots and tomato cool down and then grind it into a nice puree.
- Heat a pan or Kadhai, add garlic, and onions and saute it until it turns soft. Don’t brown it.
- Then add chicken, and cook it till its colour changes.
- Take the beaten curd add the red chilli powder, garam masala, chicken masala, sugar and salt and mix it well.
- Slow the gas flame and add the curd mix to the chicken and cook it on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes till the chicken is cooked.
- Take it out in a bowl and garnish it with roasted sesame seeds.
- Your Gajar Chicken is ready to serve.