The overall global Covid-19 caseload has topped 176.5 million, while the deaths have surged to more than 3.81 million, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
The daily cases of Covid-19 further dipped in Odisha as the State witnessed 3,535 new cases on Wednesday. With this, the positive tally in the State climbed to 8,63,061, the State I&PR Department informed
The ADAMTS13 gene provides instructions for making an enzyme that is involved in regulating blood clotting, while VWF is a large multimeric glycoprotein in plasma. Deficiency or dysfunction of VWF can lead to either bleeding or thrombosis.
In the midst of the pandemic, the Odisha government has launched the 'Green Passage' scheme with a view to provide some succor to the Covid-19 orphans... But is it enough?
Clinical studies published in peer-reviewed journals including the New England Journal of Medicine have shown that antibody cocktails reduce hospitalisation or death by over 70 per cent, including a drastic reduction in viral clearance.
The Covid-19 antibody therapy -- AZD7442 -- was only 33 per cent effective in reducing the risk of symptoms, when compared to a placebo, according to the results of a Phase 3 trial.
"The Centre will provide vaccines to all states and UTs free of cost as already has been announced. Vaccines manufacturers in India will sell up to 75 per cent of their total stock to the Centre and the remaining 25 per cent, they can sell to the private healthcare centres."
"Delta variant played a major role in the second wave. An additional mutation of this variant, known as Delta Plus, has been detected and submitted to the global data system."
More than 1.05 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with states and union territories while over 47,43,580 doses are in the pipeline and will reach them within the next three days, the Union health ministry said on Tuesday.
Two doses of Pfizer and AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective against hospitalisation from the Delta (B16172) variant, according to a new analysis from Public Health England (PHE).
Researchers have found that coronavirus disease can cause severe inflammation in the central nervous system.
With the extended lockdown coming to end on June 17 amid a decline in the number of new Covid-19 cases, the Odisha government is likely to come up with a comprehensive plan to begin the unlock process in a day or two, said a top health official on Tuesday.
India's Covid caseload continued to fall with the country recording 60,461 new cases, lowest since March 29 and 2,726 fatalities due to the virus in the last 24 hours, according to data released by the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry on Tuesday.
The daily cases of Covid-19 further dipped in Odisha as the State witnessed 3,405 new cases on Tuesday. With this, the positive tally in the State climbed to 8,59,526, the State I&PR Department informed
The overall global Covid-19 caseload has topped 176 million, while the deaths have surged to more than 3.80 million, according to Johns Hopkins University.
The larger picture is quite the same both ways when social distancing and using masks have been the vital musts to keep the virus at bay
The Epidemic situation report prepared by State Health Department brings two contrasting facts. While Kendrapada becomes the only district in State to post a rise in positive rate in the week ended on June 14, Jharsuguda cuts the TPR to around 2 per cent from 12 per cent a week ago
In a letter to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Secretary, Odisha Additional Chief Secretary PK Mohapatra urged the former to revise the private vaccine allocation ratio of 75:25 to 95:5 ratio for the State.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday ordered a Crime Branch probe into the recent seizure of a huge stock of spurious ‘Favipiravir’, a prescribed drug for Covid-19 treatment, from a chemist shop in Cuttack.
The coated layer can be incorporated as an additional layer in the existing masks of all kinds can help provide extra protection beyond that achieved by the filtration mechanisms.
In the last fortnight, the Ct values in the State have nearly doubled to around 30 from 14-15 during the peak month of May. Worldwide the scientist community is unanimous that a high Ct value means low transmission of the virus
The civic body made special arrangements to inoculate the beneficiaries including students who will be traveling to foreign countries to study, work and participate in sports events.
The viral load in current Covid 19 infection cases has decreased substantially than the earlier ones, said Director of Institute of Life Science (ILS), Ajay Parida.
A single dose of vaccine is sufficient for those already infected by Covid-19, revealed a study by Hyderabad's AIG Hospitals.
Children orphaned by Covid-19 will be included in the Green Passage Scheme of Odisha government which was earlier implemented to provide free higher education to orphans