• otv

Tag: Electrocuted

Couple electrocuted
Odisha: Couple Electrocuted In Vegetable Field

Aska: In a tragic incident, a couple was electrocuted after coming in contact with an 11 KV live transmission wire which has reportedly snapped at Burupada village under Hinjilicut police station here on Saturday morning. The deceased have been identified as Bishnu Samal and his wife Hina Samal. According to local sources, the mishap took […]

electrocuted-death
Worker electrocuted to death while repairing transformer

Jharsuguda: A staffer of the Electricity department was electrocuted to death while fixing a fuse in a transformer in Rengali village under Lakhanpur block of the district today. The deceased has been identified as Kanhu Charan Sahu, a native of Saria in Chhattisgarh. According to sources, Sahu was carrying out maintenance work at a transformer […]

Dhenkanal-elephant-death
Dhenkanal Elephant Deaths: Crime Branch arrests 3 including 2 forest officials

Bhubaneswar: Odisha Crime Branch on Saturday arrested three persons including two officials of Meramundali forest range in connection with the tragic death of seven elephants due to electrocution under Dhenkanal Sadar forest range on October 27. The arrested include CESU junior engineer Sanjay Mohanty, Meramundali section forester Prabhakar Rana and forest guard Girish Dehury, informed […]

elephant
Death of 7 elephants: 6 officials suspended, 1 dismissed

Dhenkanal: Following the death of seven elephants near Kamalanga village under Sadar range in Dhenkanal district late on Friday night, the Forest & Environment, and the Energy department dismissed one official and suspended six others for dereliction of duties. While three officials each from the Forest department & CESU were suspended, the junior manager of […]

Elephant
Op-Ed: Powerless Before Power Lines

Whoever discovered electricity couldn’t have imagined that the transmission line to carry power to those who need it could someday cause death, both of humans and animals. Most humans at least know about the dangers of touching a power transmission line. But animals are blissfully unaware of the inherent danger. The rapid and inexorable spread […]

Man falls prey to high voltage wire set as trap by poachers

Kalahandi: A man was killed while another was injured after being electrocuted after coming in contact with high voltage wire laid by poachers as trap for wild animals at Thuamal Rampur block in Bhawanipatna. The deceased has been identified as Kabi Nayak. According to reports, both Kabi and his son had gone to nearby field […]

Man, son electrocuted to death in Nayagarh

Nayagarh: In a saddening incident, a man and his son died after coming in contact with a live wire in Gambharidihi village under Itamati block of the district during wee hours today. The mishap occurred when the villager, identified as Anath Mohapatra, going towards his farmland came in contact with the live electric wire that […]

2 electrocuted in separate incidents

Kendrapara: Two persons were electrocuted today in separate incidents in Nikirai and Patkura police limits of Odisha’s Kendrapara district. A 28-year-old mechanic Jagabandhu Sethy was electrocuted in Choti village while the victim was repairing a motor pump of local villager. Sethy died on the spot, police said adding that an unnatural death case has been […]

electrocuted
Youth electrocuted while plucking flower

Nayagarh: In a tragic incident, a youth was electrocuted while plucking flower at Khandapada block colony here on Sunday morning. The deceased has been identified as Khirod Acharya. According to sources, someone has allegedly connected the plant with live wire to restrict flower theft. Khirod came in contact with the plant while plucking flowers from […]

155003
Two elephants electrocuted in Athagarh

Athagarh: In the latest case of its kind in the state, two elephants were killed after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Bairi range in Tangi under the Athagarh forest division on Monday. According to sources, the two female elephants were electrocuted at the forest range under Safa panchayat this morning after […]

138503
Woman, girl electrocuted in Nabarangpur

Nabarangpur: In a tragic incident, a woman and her daughter were electrocuted at Dabugaon near Tutiguda area in the district on Friday night. The deceased have been identified as Bati Bhatra and her daughter Jema. According to sources, the incident took place when the duo was cleaning utensils at their home. They came in contact […]