Pak court dismisses bail application of 3
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Thursday dismissed the bail applications of three men charged with involvement in attacks on several military installations, including the army`s General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.
The three men-Abdul Basit, Abdul Majid and Abdul Sabur are currently facing court martial on charges of attacking the General Headquarters and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency`s facility at Hamza Camp. They were acquitted by an anti-terrorism court last year.
The Islamabad High Court dismissed their bail applications and said in its judgement that according to a judgement of the Supreme Court, it could not be contended that the detention of these suspects is illegal. "The contention of the petitioner was that the detainees are not subject to the Army Act, therefore the detention is illegal. "However, same prayer has already been dealt by the Supreme Court," it said.
In view of the Supreme Court`s judgement, the High Court said it could not grant their release. A Deputy Attorney General assured the High Court that the suspects will be dealt with in accordance with the law.