Another elephant electrocuted to death in Dhenkanal
Dhenkanal: A tusker was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with live electric wire in Dudurkote forest under Hindol range in the district on Wednesday morning.
Locals initially spotted the elephant carcass lying in the forest and informed forest officials. They alleged that the elephant came in contact with the live electric wire, laid by some miscreants to kill wild boars.
While talking over phone, the Additional Conservator of Forest (ACF) confirmed that the death of the pachyderm was due to electrocution. However, the exact cause of the death will be known after post-mortem, he added.
Earlier, on October 26, seven elephants were electrocuted near Kamalanga village in Dhenkanal district. Following the incident, the Forest & Environment and the Energy departments dismissed one official and suspended six others for dereliction of duty.