The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released a fresh recruitment notification to fill up the vacancies of Associate Professor in State universities under the administrative control of the Higher Education Department.
A total of 320 posts of Associate Professor will be filled up through the recruitment process in the pay scale of Cell-1 of Level 13A of the pay matrix under Odisha Revised Scales of Pay for University Teachers (UGC Scale of Pay) Rule, 2019. The selected candidates will also get usual dearness allowance and other allowances sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
The online application process for the post will start on July 27. Interested candidates can apply through the proforma application to be made available on the official website www.opsc.gov.in. The last date for submission of registered online application is August 31.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master's Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidate must go through details of this advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://www.opsc.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is to be uploaded on the online application form for future use. The candidates must fill up the online application form indicating the preference of the University to which he/she desires to apply.
- On successful submission of the online application form, a Unique PPSAN No. will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the declaration for submission to OPSC along with copies of requisite certificates and documents as and when asked.
- Intimation Letters to the candidates for interview and "attestation form" shall be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of interview.
- The candidate who are shortlisted are to produce the attestation form at the time of document verification. the date of which shall be notified by the Commission which not only shall be informed through SMS & email to candidates but also shall be uploaded in the website.
- The date of interview as decided by the Commission shall also be intimated to shortlisted candidate by both SMS, as well as email and by publication on OPSC website www.opsc.gov.in.
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable application fee of Rs 400/-(Rupees four hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only and Persons with disability (whose disability is not less than 40%) are exempted from payment of this fee.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- The appointments and conditions of service are to be guided by the provisions laid down under the Statutes as applicable to the State Public Universities.
- There shall be shortlisting of candidates for each subject as per UGC guideline. The Commission has decided that five times the no of vacancies shall be shortlisted for interview when the no of vacancies is more than two. For subjects where there are only one or two vacancies, ten candidates shall be shortlisted for interview.
- The academic score as specified in for Universities as per UGC Regulation, 2018 shall be considered for shortlisting of candidates for interview and on selection shall be based only on performance in interview.
- The Commission shall be competent to determine the manner of conduct of its proceedings and to take all decisions required for selection of Associate Professors to the Universities consistent with the provisions of the Act and Regulations prescribed in this behalf by the University Grants Commission.
- Commission shall prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of performance in the interview which shall be equal to the number of advertised vacancies:
- The list recommended by the Commission shall remain valid for a period of one year from the date of recommendation by the Commission.