Suffering From Skin Problems? Try These 9 Home Remedies
Image creidt: shayandcompany
Nobody wants a bad skin. Many of us travel a lot, spend a lot of time outdoors with maximum exposure to sun and at the end of the day left with tanned skin and other skin related problems. But do we take the right steps to resolve them? probably, no.
While the use of costly cosmetic items and skincare creams for cure is very common, home remedies can also bring major transformation as they are one of the best and most affordable ways of maintaining a flawless skin. And the items can be found in your kitchen.
Starting from turmeric to natural oil, here is a list of home remedies that can be used to get the best results in a short span of time.
1) Raw potato is considered to be an excellent skin brightener. Applying mashed potato on face as a pack and rinsing it after a few minutes with lukewarm water is effective for skin and treatment of under eye dark circles as well. Cut thin slices of potato and keep them on your eyes for a few minutes. Using them regularly will give a glowing skin.
2) One of the most common ingredients is turmeric which consists of natural anti-oxidant, antiseptic and skin brightening properties. Applying turmeric paste can help remove tan and treat blemishes. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which makes it another excellent skin brightener. A paste made using curd as base and mixed with turmeric and lemon is very effective for tan removal.
3) Tomato not only plays an instrumental role in adding a tangy flavour to food, but it also helps in shrinking pores. Mix tomato juice with a few drops of lemon and apply it on your face and later rinse with lukewarm water. Regular use of this will give you best results. Tomatoes also help in reducing blackheads. Massage your blackhead prone area with tomato slices to deal with blackheads.
4) Homemade mask made with honey and cinnamon is an effective solution for acne. This mask helps in reduction of active acne. Apply Aloe Vera pulp as it is an excellent moisturizer for acne prone dry skin.
5)Toning helps in removal of remaining oil and dirt that is not cleansed away by regular cleanser. Rose essential oil or rose water is considered as one of the best toners, suitable for all skin types. It can be stored in a spray bottle and should be used twice a day. It would help to soothe & calm the skin and balance ph levels.
6) Honey and milk can do wonders when it comes to getting flawless glow. Milk helps in preventing acne and moisturizes the skin very well. Those who have sensitive skin can use face washes that doesn’t have any chemical content.
7) For exfoliating oily skin, a mixture of sandalwood powder, orange peel & fullers earth can be applied. All of them should be mixed. After applying, it should be left on for a minute or two followed by a massage for a minute and later rinsed. For a dry skin, one can damp his/her face with water, then mix oatmeal, almond, fresh cream, sandalwood, and massage this scrub cream gently and rinse off.
8) A very important part of skin care routine is the application of a moisturizer. One should preferably use essential oils like tea tree and jojoba oil, which help in masking imperfections and improving skin texture. Tea tree oil can be used with carrier oil and should never be applied on the face directly. It helps in skin rejuvenation, hydration and protects the skin from dullness.
9) Lips are as important as other parts of the face and to maintain it one should use a blend of aloe vera and honey and leave it on overnight. If your lips are really dry apply a natural clarified butter a couple of times in a week which will help in keeping the lips soft and smooth.
(With IANS inputs)