Poda Alu Gulab Jamun recipe that will brighten your mood
Gulab Jamun is a favourite sweet for most people in India. But have you ever heard of Poda Alu Gulab Jamun. Yes, Gulab Jamun made of roasted potato is a great way to end any lavish meal, for sure.
Poda Alu Gulab Jamun
This unique Gulab Jamun recipe is easy enough for beginners to learn. This recipe is your saviour when time is short, and you want to whip up something royal for the taste buds.
The three main steps for this Gulab Jamun recipe involve making the dough, preparing the sugar syrup, and frying the dough balls.
- Roasted potato
- Refined wheat flour
- Refined oil
How to make
- First, roast some potatoes and peel them. Keep them aside.
- Boil sugar and water to prepare syrup. After it becomes sticky, remove it from fire. Add cardamom in the syrup and set aside to cool.
- Bring a bowl. Mash the roasted potatoes. Then add refined wheat flour, semolina and cardamom powder to it. Mix gently to make soft dough. Make sure not to knead too much.
- Divide the mixture into 15-20 portions and gently roll into round gulab jamuns. Fry in the oil till golden brown in color.
- Now put the fried gulab jamuns in the prepared sugar syrup. Now your Poda Alu Gulab jamun is ready. Serve warm.