Here's how you can prepare delectable Chicken Patrapoda
It can be paired with some steamed rice or any Indian bread of your choice like roti, naan or hot parathas.
Chicken Patrapoda is a flavourful and easy chicken recipe, perfect for any occasion be it dinner party with friends or a get together with family. While there are many different styles of chicken gravies cooked in different parts of the country, this Odisha specific chicken recipe is unique in its taste and flavour. It can be paired with some steamed rice or any Indian bread of your choice like roti, naan or hot parathas.
- Fresh chicken
- Garlic minced
- 3 to 4 tender Banana leaves
- Mustard paste
- Salt according to taste
How to make
- Before going to prepare the recipe, soften the banana leaves by dipping them in hot water.
- Now make a paste using both white and black mustard seeds, green chilli, peppermint leaves and coriander leaves and keep it aside.
- Bring chicken in a pan and add the mustard paste, salt, minced garlic, turmeric and yoghurt to the chicken. At the end, put some oil into it and mix it.
- Now bring the banana leaves and wrap the chicken in them. Make sure that it is well covered. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and cover it.
- Bake them in high flame for five minutes and in low flame for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- That’s not all. Again roast the chicken warped in banana leaves in gas chullah.
- Unwrap the banana leaves from around the chicken and serve it with some of the sauces.