We Report, You Decide

EPFO Alert: PF Transfer Details That Salaried Employees Must Know


Salaried employees looking to switch jobs must know whether the new organisation is exempted or un-exempted ones. Organisations which manage the provident fund and pension fund by themselves through a Trust are called exempted, while un-exempted companies are those where the pension fund is maintained by the EPFO.

Things to remember while filing for PF transfer:

In case of exempted organisation as previous employer, someone is required to fill a Transfer Claim Form – Form 13 (Revised) along with the PF account details and name of the trust and other relevant details during transfer of the PF account.

While filling the form, quoting the pension fund number is also required. This apart, the employee must mention the PF account number and the Pension fund number of the present employer on the form.

The employee must also get the Form 13 (Revised) attested from either the present employer or the previous employer. If he/she is attesting the claim with the present employer, the form should be submitted to the PF Office who is maintaining the present account. Therefore, it is advisable to get the claim attested from the past employer in case of the PF transfer.

Citing the bank account details and mobile number will help an employee for verification purpose.

Mostly a delay in the PF transfer is likely to occur because of incomplete or wrong information mentioned in the form. Also, if the Annexure-K is missing while the submission of the form, the exempted organisation sends a request to the EPFO office to generate and upload it in the system. So, the concerned EPFO office must provide essential information like ‘From Member ID’ and ‘To Member ID’.

If the delay persists, the employee must raise the issue directly with the EPFO.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

End Google Tag Manager (noscript)