Property worth lakhs gutted in fire mishaps at different places in Odisha
Mayurbhanj/Balasore: Property worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed in fire mishaps at different places of the State today. However, there were no casualties reported in the incidents.
In the first instance, property and machinery worth lakhs of rupees were gutted after a major fire broke out at a poultry research centre near Chhatana village under Rasagobindpur block of Mayurbhanj district in the wee hours today.
According to reports, local residents noticed smoke emanating from the research centre at around 3 am and informed the fire brigade. Later, three fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames.
Although the exact reason behind the blaze is yet to be ascertained, it is being suspected that electric short circuit triggered the fire.
In another incident, a huge quantity of harvested paddy kept for threshing on a farmland reduced to ashes in a fire mishap at Barik Sahi in Maharajpur village under Khantpada police limits of Balasore district late Friday night.
Reports said, a share cropper Surendra Barik had cultivated paddy in around 12 acres of land and kept it for threshing.
#WATCH: Paddy harvested from more than 12 acres of land and kept for threshing reduced to ashes in fire mishap at Maharajpur village in #Balasore district on Friday late night #Odisha pic.twitter.com/hS6DrybEvz
— OTV (@otvnews) December 29, 2018
Fire brigade officials rushed to the spot after getting information and doused the flames.