Though the plant's internal firefighting system has been pressed into action and help has been sought from the other factories in the nearby locality, senior officials of the plant are of the opinion that the fire will not douse until the Naptha inside the pipeline is completely burned.
Andhra Pradesh CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Saturday announced a compensation of Rs 3 lakh to each of the family.
In a shocking incident, around six labourers from Odisha were charred to death in a fire mishap at a prawn hatchery in Repalle of Guntur district in Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Friday.
The mystery behind the death of Paralekhamundi Assistant Conservator of Forest, Soumyaranjan Mohapatra, seems to be deepening with each passing day. On Monday (July 19) the uncle of the deceased revealed some shocking details about a bachelor’s party that the couple allegedly attended.
According to fire officials, the fire broke out at around 5pm on Thursday at the Shezan juice factory in Naryanganj's Rupganj.
A fire broke out at a market complex in the Budharaja area of Sambalpur on Tuesday triggering panic.
As many as eight shops were reduced to ashes in a massive fire that broke out at a vending zone near Madusudan Park in Pokhariput area in the city at around 10 am on Sunday.
Panic gripped the Bhadrak District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) after the Diesel Generator (DG) room located adjacent to the COVID ward caught fire on Thursday.
Sonepur: In a tragic incident, a nine-year-old minor boy was charred to death after house caught fire at Sankara village in the district in the wee hours of Sunday. According…
Chaos unfolded at the Vijay Vallabh COVID care hospital in Maharashtra's Virar after a major fire broke out in the hospital in the wee hours of Friday. At least 14 Covid patients including 6 women who were in the ICU during the incident perished in the flames. While some 90 patients were admitted to the hospital at the time of the incident, their friends and family members kept waiting outside the hospital worried about their health update. Distressing visuals of people mourning the loss of their loved ones have come to the fore.
Nagpur: At least four persons were killed and a few others injured in a major blaze that erupted out in a private hospital here late on Friday, officials said. The…
Rourkela: Machineries, electricity tools and other industrial instruments worth lakhs were reduced to ashes after a fire broke out at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) late last night. According to reports,…
Jajpur: Two vegetable godowns and three transport vehicles were reduced to ashes after a massive fire broke out at Green Market at Jajpur Road in Jajpur district on Monday. The incident took place at around 3 pm today. The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained. Vehicles which were burnt in the mishap […]
Keonjhar: A major fire broke out at an abandoned biodiesel production plant located at Raghuala Sahi under Champua police limits of Keonjhar district on Friday evening. Though no casualties have been reported yet, the flames have engulfed the nearby forest and farmland destroying rich medicinal plants and cultivation in huge tract of land, said locals. […]
Cuttack: A fire broke out at the regional office of Odisha Gramya Bank located at Mahanadi Vihar under Chauliaganj police limits in Cuttack in the wee hours of Friday. Though the extent of the damage was yet to be estimated, properties, including computers, furniture, electrical fitting and important documents worth lakhs of rupees were gutted. […]
Dhenkanal: A major fire broke out at the grid substation of Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Ltd (OPTCL) near Meramundali in the district on Sunday. The incident took place during noon after a high voltage cable went off suddenly. There was no report of any casualty in the incident. The reason behind the burst of cable […]
Cuttack: A major fire broke out in a farmhouse near a petrol pump under the Sadar police limits in Cuttack district on Thursday morning triggering panic and fear among locals and commuters on a busy road in the vicinity. As per reports, the fire broke out at Bamphakuda farmhouse which borders a densely populated locality […]
Dhenkanal: A major fire broke out at OPTCL (Odisha Power Transmission Corporation) power grid near Meramundali in Dhenkanal district on Sunday. The reason of fire has not immediately been ascertained. It is suspected that blast in feeder due to over heating might lead to the mishap. No human casualty or injury has been reported so […]
Angul: In a tragic incident, 14 houses including seven sheds of four families were completely gutted in a devastating fire mishap at Kahlagaon under Bantala police limits in the district on Wednesday night. A cow and over 22 sheep were charred to death in the blaze that broke out in the village at around 10.30 […]
Cuttack: The district administration on Wednesday has directed to shut down the Sun Hospital at Tulsipur here temporarily in connection with the fire mishap that took place on February 1. Collector Bhabani Shankar Chayani asked the concerned officials to shut the multi-specialty health care centre after hospital authorities failed to advance satisfactory explanations on a […]
Bhadrak: Four buses and an SUV gutted after a major fire broke out at a garage on National Highway-16 near Dahanigadia Chhak here in the district in the early hours of Wednesday. The bus staff, who were sleeping inside the buses, managed a narrow escape in the incident. Eyewitnesses said the fire broke at around […]
Bhadrak: At least 10 houses were gutted in a major fire mishap at Balajitpada village under Kalei panchayat of Bhadrak district late on Thursday night. The entire property destroyed in the blaze belongs to four families who have now been rendered homeless after the mishap. The cause of fire has not been ascertained yet. However, […]
Cuttack: In the wake of a fire mishap in Sadguru hospital in Cuttack last September, Odisha fire services department had ordered an inspection of fire safety arrangements at all Covid facilities in the State while it was further decided to conduct emergency drill every fortnight. Two months later, the Union Home Secretary too shot letters […]
Cuttack: Sun Hospital, a multi-speciality private health centre in Cuttack where a major fire broke out today was functioning without fire license or fire safety certificate, informed a senior official. “We have not granted any fire license to the hospital. The hospital authorities had been directed to adopt adequate fire safety measures. We also conduct […]
Bhadrak: More than 1500 sacks of paddy have been reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out at a godown of a paddy trader at Sashtrighat near Chandabali in the district on Saturday. Though the exact cause of the blaze has not yet been ascertained, electric short circuit is suspected to be the reason […]