Minor boy dies after electric pole falls on him during restoration work

Cuttack: A minor boy lost his life after an electric pole fell on him in Nuagada village under Sadar police limits in Cuttack.

As per reports, the incident took place when some villagers were trying to erect an electric pole in the village after several days of the devastation caused by extremely severe cyclone Fani. During the restoration work, the pole fell on the minor boy leaving him critically injured.

The villagers immediately rushed the boy to SCB Medical College and Hospital, in Cuttack where the boy succumbed to his injuries. Later, the body was sent for post-mortem.

The deceased was a resident of Tentulinali village and was on a visit to his relative’s house in Nuagada village, said sources.