Fire destroys medicine stock, articles inside Pattamundai health centre

Kendrapara: Property worth lakh of rupees were gutted after a fire broke out in primary community health centre at Pattamundai in Kendrapara district late Friday night.

Huge quantity of medicine stocks, computer and other others articles at the Niramaya counter of the hospital were reduced to ashes in the fire mishap, reports said.

A security guard of the heath centre noticed smoke emanating from the Niramaya counter and alerted other hospital staff.

Though the exact reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, it is being suspected that an electric short circuit caused the fire.

On getting information, a team of fire fighters rushed to the spot and doused the flames after an one hour operation.