Are you struggling to access your Annual Information Statement (AIS) or Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS)?
Do you find it time-consuming and complicated to get your details as presented in the AIS/TIS?
Well, the Income Tax Department has launched an application called AIS for Taxpayer that makes it simple and easy for taxpayers to access their tax-related details.
What is AIS for Taxpayer app?
The AIS for Taxpayer app is free and can be used by taxpayers to access information on TDS/TCS, interest, dividends, share transactions, tax payments, income tax refunds, and other information such as GST data and foreign remittances.
The app is available for download on Android and iOS devices for individuals to use.
Steps to register and set up an MPIN for AIS for Taxpayer app.
To get information from the AIS for Taxpayer app, you need to register with your PAN number and confirm your details by entering the OTP sent to your registered email and mobile number on the e-filing page.
Follow these steps to register and set up an MPIN for AIS for Taxpayer app:
- Download the AIS for Taxpayer app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Tap Next or Skip.
- Click Get Started and start the verification process.
- Enter your PAN number and Date of Birth, and agree to terms and conditions.
- Enter your mobile number and email address (should match e-filing portal).
- Confirm your details and receive OTPs on your mobile and email.
- Enter both OTPs and click verify.
- Set up a 4-digit MPIN and confirm it.
Once you have completed these steps, you can access your AIS/TIS information anytime by just using this mobile app.