As many as 28 platoons of police force will be deployed around the Odisha State Legislative Assembly (OLA) for the winter session of the House beginning tomorrow (November 21).
Ahead of the commencement of the session, Odisha DGP Sunil Bansal took stock of the security arrangements today.
As per reports, there will be one DCP, eight additional DCPs, 16 ACPs, QRT, Bomb Squad and 20 Inspectors to secure the Assembly during the Session.
Meanwhile, the Bhubaneswar police has also issued a traffic advisory in view of the Assembly session.
1. Vehicles coming from Housing Board Square will take a diversion from Keshari Talkies Square taking a left turn.
2. Vehicles coming from AG Square towards PMG will take a diversion by turning right from Jaydev Bhawan and proceed on Indira Gandhi Park road.
3. All vehicles coming from Master Canteen will be diverted towards adjoining lanes on Lower PMG.
4. Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion square intending to proceed towards Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Power House Square.
5. Vehicles coming from Raj Bhawan Square towards MLA colony and Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Sastrinagar Square.
However, the traffic restriction will not be applicable to emergency vehicles (Police, Fire and Ambulance) and the vehicles authorised to enter the official Buildings including the State Assembly, the State Secretariat and other offices located in this area.
The winter session of the OLA will start on November 21 and conclude on December 30, 2023.