• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Vikash Sharma

Fire broke out at MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur on Friday  Panic gripped patients and attendants at MKCG Medical College and Hospital after smoke reportedly engulfed the plastic surgery ward on the fourth floor of the super superspecialty building of the hospital.

Sources said the fire was reported from inside one of the Operation Theatres (OTs). 

“We were on the third floor and dialysis of my wife was going on when the staff asked us to vacate the building. We did not have any information why caused the fire,” said a patient’s attendant.

“We only learnt about the fire mishap after fire tenders reached the spot. The dialysis could not be completed as we were asked to vacate the building,” said another attendant.

A senior doctor said, “We were in another Operation Theatre when the incident occurred. Later all the staff went to the other unit and assisting in shifting the patients.”

Some staff of the hospital initially noticed smoke and raised an alarm. There was utter chaos inside the building as a massive operation was launched to evacuate the patients from the hospital premises.

After getting information, several tems of the Odisha Fire Services Department rushed to the MKCG and doused the flames after an intense operation.

“All the patients were evacuated and the fire has been completely doused. However, there is some smoke and we are taking necessary measures to take control of the situation,” said Pradeep Patnaik, a fire official.

The senior official said the fire was reported inside the ceiling of the OT and the cause of fire is suspected to be some electric short-circuit. 

Other Stories

scrollToTop

AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.