It's all too common - you indulge in a delicious meal, only to feel the consequences of overindulging later on. An upset stomach can ruin your day and leave you feeling uncomfortable and sluggish. But don't worry, there are some simple and effective ways to soothe an upset stomach after eating too much. Here are the top five:
1. Drink plenty of water: Dehydration can make your stomach feel even more uncomfortable, so it's important to drink plenty of fluids to keep things moving. Water is always a good choice, but ginger tea or herbal tea can also help calm an upset stomach.
2. Take an over-the-counter antacid: Antacids work by neutralising excess stomach acid, which can help relieve symptoms like heartburn and indigestion. Be sure to follow the dosage instructions on the package.
3. Eat smaller, more frequent meals: Overeating can put a lot of strain on your digestive system, so try eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day to give your stomach a break.
4. Get some exercise: Going for a walk or doing some light exercise can help stimulate digestion and alleviate an upset stomach. Just be sure to listen to your body and take it easy if you're feeling particularly uncomfortable.
5. Try some natural remedies: There are plenty of natural remedies that can help soothe an upset stomach, including ginger, peppermint, and chamomile. Ginger can help reduce nausea and bloating, while peppermint can help relax the muscles in the digestive tract. Chamomile tea is also known for its calming properties and can help alleviate indigestion and heartburn.
While an upset stomach after eating too much can be uncomfortable, it doesn't have to ruin your day. By following these simple tips, you can get back to feeling your best in no time. Just be sure to listen to your body and take it easy if you're feeling particularly uncomfortable. And next time, maybe try to practise a little moderation when it comes to your meals!
(DISCLAIMER: Any views expressed are the author’s own and have nothing to do with TV's charter or views. OTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.)