Medical counselling process starts from tomorrow

Bhubaneswar: The process for counselling of candidates, who have qualified National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)-UG, 2013 for admission into undergraduate medical and dental courses, would start from tomorrow.
 
Candidates interested to study in Odisha would have to register themselves with Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) website between June 25 and July 7, both dates inclusive. A centralised counselling would take place in Bhubaneswar.
 
As per the set guidelines, 85 percent of seats would be reserved for candidates from Odisha while students from other states could fill up the remaining 15 percent seats.
 
All the government-run and private medical colleges in Odisha together have 650 seats and 150 seats for MBBS and BDS courses, respectively.
 
The Medical Council of India, with the approval of the Central Government, held the national-level entrance examination for the first time. While 6,58,040 candidates appeared for the test on a pan India basis and 3,66,317 of them passed it, as per the results declared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on June 5.