Farmer electrocuted to death in Jajpur

Jajpur: A farmer was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with live 11 KV electric wire at Rehmanpur village under Korai block in Jajpur district on Friday. The deceased has been identified Rabi Malik.

According to reports, Rabi had gone to his agricultural land when he stepped on the live electric wire that had snapped in the field. The standing crops in the field were also reduced to ashes in the mishap, sources said.

Following the incident, Rabi was rushed to the Korai Community Health Centre (CHC) where the doctors declared him brought dead.

“He was unaware of the electric wire and stepped on it. We are four sisters and our family was completely depended on my father’s income,” said the deceased Rabi’s daugher, Puja Malik.

Meanwhile, the locals alleged that the mishap occurred due to the carelessness of the electric department.