9 workers fall ill in chlorine gas leak
Talcher: At least 9 workers today fell ill due to leakage of chlorine gas at the Talcher Thermal Power Station (TTPS) in Odisha's Angul district, police said.
The workers were sent to the TTPS Hospital here and all of them were out of danger, said Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Talcher, R P Sahu.
As the chlorine gas leakage incident came to light, the authorities evacuated all the workers from the plant premises and swung into action to repair the leak.
While no official of NTPC was available for comment, the police assured the panicked workers not to worry over the incident as the situation had been brought under control.