Bhubaneswar: Further reopening economic activities, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation authorities on Saturday allowed reopening of shopping malls in the city that have been shut down since the last four months in the wake of Covid19 pandemic.
Though the malls have been granted permission to open, several activities have been prohibited in order to prevent the spread of Covid19.
The reopening of food courts, eatery outlets, gaming zones, cinema halls inside the mall premises have been restricted. BMC has also said that any kind of promotional activity within the malls shall also not be allowed.
However, BMC has asked the mall owners to strictly abide by the social distancing and sanitization guidelines as laid out by the State Health Department and the Central government in view of Covid19.
Here are the guidelines to be followed after the reopening of the malls:
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet by customers, staff
- No entry without the use of masks for staff, customers
- Ensuring hand hygiene, cough etiquette
- Reporting of illness by staff to mall authorities
- Installation of -Arogya Setu and Sachetak App- shall be advised to all staffs and customers/visitors
- Mandatory thermal screening and sanitizer dispenser for all
- Persons with fever and visible flu symptom not to be allowed
- Installation of posters, AV media for the display of COVID-19 prevention measures
- Separate arrangement for entry and exit for customers/visitors and supply of goods/articles inside the mall
- Seating arrangement if available inside and outside the mall shall be done in a such a way that social distancing is maintained
- Number of person inside elevators may be restricted so as to maintain social distancing norms
- AC Temperature setting maintained in range of 24-30 degrees Celsius Intake of fresh air and cross-ventilation should be adequate.
- Any kind of gatherings/congregations by customers/visitors or even for staffs are strictly prohibited
- Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be done within the premises
- Most touched surfaces like doorknobs, elevator buttons. handrails. benches. washroom fixtures to be disinfected with 1% sodium hypochlorite as often as possible
- Provision for proper disposal of used masks/face covers/gloves left over by customers/visitors and staffs.
- Immediate information about any suspected case to the BMC
- Spitting strictly prohibited
- Owners need to designate one responsible officer as COVID Compliant Officer. They will also be responsible for overall compliance of all COVID-19 related protocols
(Edited By Bikram Keshari Jena)