A unique candidate has emerged for the post of Chief Minister of Rajasthan and it is none other than Mahant Balak Nath, lovingly called as the Yogi Adityanath of Rajasthan.
After winning with a margin of over 6,000 votes, Mahant Balak Nath, a BJP Lok Sabha MP from Alwar, is likely to be the next Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
Known for his strong remarks, Nath has come up as a surprise choice for the Chief Minister by Rajasthan voters.
After Yogi Adityanath in UP, it seems to be the rise of another Yogi in Rajasthan. Nath has portrayed himself as the Yogi of Rajasthan. Even CM Yogi Adityanath had accompanied Nath during his nomination filing and also campaigned for him.
Nath also dons saffron robes of a Hindu mahant like Yogi Adityanath who he calls his elder brother.
Nath was fielded against Imran Khan of the Congress in Tijara, the Muslim dominating region. Yet, he won with over 6,000 votes.
Here’s a few interesting lesser-known facts about Mahant Balak Nath:
1. Nath has studied till Class 12 and showed Rs 14 lakh in his bank account in the affidavit filed for the election.
2. Nath is the eighth mahant from Mastnath Mutt of Rohtak that runs educational institutions and hospitals.
3. Born in a Yadav family, Nath is the only child of his parents.
4. He was only six-year-old when he was sent to Mahant Khetanath for an ascetic life. He later became a disciple of Mahant Vhand Nath, who named him Balak Nath.
5. He has a huge fan following on social media with nearly 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
6. Nath’s political foray was shaped by his guru, Mahant Chadnath, a former Member of Parliament from Alwar.
7. A key influencer in his political journey, he is also the supporter of yoga guru Baba Ramdev.