The ninth edition of Google for India recently took place in Delhi. The event featured a total of nine speakers.
Google showcased the successful Chandrayaan-3 mission, including images of the Vikram lander and Pragyaan rover. The primary focus of this event was on artificial intelligence (AI).
Here are the top 5 updates announced at the event:
- Google announced that Pixel smartphones will soon be manufactured in India.
- Google launched 'Digital Pragati,' an initiative aimed at enhancing economic opportunities for every Indian. It is available to users through the Google Pay platform, which collaborates with banks and NBFCs to address credit gaps in India.
- The third announcement is 'a' – a multilingual super app. Google Cloud has partnered with Axis My India to create this inclusive app, providing information on government social assistance schemes, essential utilities, career opportunities, and healthcare benefits. 'a' aims to improve awareness, accessibility, and utilization of government social welfare schemes.
- Google introduced 'Search with Gen AI SGE,' a Search Generative Experience. It enhances Google's search results with interactive and engaging content, which is now accessible to Indian users.
- The fifth announcement is 'DigiKavach,' a program designed to be an early threat detection and warning system. Its goal is to prevent financial fraud in the country and ensure the safety of everyone in this digital era.