Train services will be affected in the Cuttack-Paradeep railway section from December 17 to 26, 2022 due to safety-related modernisation work at Paradeep.
The East Coast Railway (ECoR) on Friday informed about the cancellation of the trains on the route.
Here is the list of trains that will remain cancelled between December 17 and 26:
- Train no 22810, Visakhapatnam-Paradeep Express from Visakhapatnam will remain cancelled on 18 and 25 December, 2022.
- Train no 22809, Paradeep-Visakhapatnam Express from Paradeep will remain cancelled on 19 and 25 December, 2022.
Trains that will remain cancelled from December 17 to 26, 2022 from both sides are:
- 18414/18413 Puri-Paradeep-Puri Express
- 08445/08446 Cuttack-Paradeep-Cuttack MEMU
- 08407/08408 Cuttack-Paradeep-Cuttack Passenger Special
Earlier this month, Rourkela-Bhubaneswar-Rourkela Super Fast Inter City Express (22839/22840) and Rourkela-Puri-Rourkela Express from Rourkela among others were cancelled due to doubling work between Talcher Road and Angul in Bhubaneswar/Cuttack-Angul-Sambalpur Railway Route of ECoR.
It is worth mentioning that the above is a crucial project in Odisha for vital rail link; and after completion of this project, the train traffic is expected to be hassle-free on the route.
Once the project is completed, it will provide a vital railway link to the presently congested Talcher- Angul section.