Cassian Baliarsingh

A massive fire broke out at a posh apartment building near Patia Chhak in Bhubaneswar this morning. While no exact reason behind the fire was known immediately, residents suspected the fire was due to an AC blast.

On being informed, two fire tender teams reached the spot and launched an operation to control the flames. Swinging into action, local police and fire personnel evacuated other residents of the apartment to avoid any untoward incident. Fortunately, there have been no reports of any injuries or casualties.

The whole building was engulfed with heavy smoke as the fire tender team started operation to douse the flames.

“I woke up at around 6 AM and was sweeping my balcony when I saw the flames. I live in 801 and the fire had broken out just one flat away in 803. Seeing the fire, I immediately rang the security team but they did not receive my calls. My husband had also gone for his morning walk. I was tensed as heavy smoke had filled the entire corridor,” recalled an eyewitness.

“Later, a security guard reached me and brought me down. I have looked at my house. I don’t know what might have happened by now,” she added.

Similarly, another resident said, “I saw the fire and initially I thought there was some ‘puja’ going on. But, the smoke was so heavy that we had to run out to our rooms. We could only hear the cleaning staff panicking and shouting out of fear. We rescued them all and brought them downstairs.”

After an hour of effort, fire tender team successfully brought the fire under control. They broke open the door of the flat and doused the flames, reports said.

OTV News is now on Whatsapp

Join and get latest news update delivered to you via whatsapp

Join Now