In a big opportunity for those who have appeared for the JEE Main 2021 exam, the Indian Navy has announced the Cadet Entry Scheme giving a chance to join the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces in two different branches.
"Applications are invited from Unmarried male candidates (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four year B. Tech degree course under the 10+2 (B. Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme for following branches:- (a) Education Branch (b) Executive & Technical Branch," read the official notification.
Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. Candidates can also apply for both the branches. They will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. If not shortlisted for the first preference, candidate may be considered for alternate branch subject to availability of spare slot in SSB batches of that Branch.
Candidates must note that once they are shortlisted for a branch, the subsequent stages of selection process (SSB & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch. If a candidate has opted for only one branch, he will not be considered for other branch despite being in merit.
Age Limit: To apply for any of the branch or both, a candidate needs to have born between January 2, 2003 and July 1, 2005 (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification: Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
Who can Apply: Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) - 2021 (for B.E/ B. Tech) exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) All India Common Rank List (CRL) - 2021 published by NTA.
- IHQ MoD (Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Common Rank List (CRL) - 2021.
- All candidates are required to fill their Rank as per Common Rank List (CRL) in the application. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Kolkata/ Visakhapatnam from Mar – Apr 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
- Candidates are advised not to change mobile number and e-mail ID till the selection process is complete.
- Details of SSB procedure are available on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding further change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability of batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB Interview.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for particular type of commission on production of tickets. Candidates are required to carry photo copy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
How to Apply
Candidates need to register and submit their application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in fromJanuary 27, 2022. "To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance under their user profile," read the official notification.