With the allegations of foul play in the sudden demise of veteran actor and director Satish Kaushik creating quite a stir, the late actor’s wife Shashi Kaushik has finally opened up on the claims.
Responding to the allegations of a woman that her businessman husband Vikas Malu killed the veteran actor for Rs 15 crore, Shashi slammed the complainant for the false reports and called it ‘baseless’.
She cleared that Kaushik was in Delhi to attend a Holi party and the allegations of financial transactions are all baseless. She further added that Satish and Vikas are good friends and would never fight.
“She is defaming my husband to lure money from Vikas Malu. The cops have verified everything, I don’t understand how she is claiming that he had been administered drugs and murdered. I don’t understand why she is trying to defame my husband after his death. She has some agenda and because maybe she wants money from her husband and she is now involving Satish ji also,” Shashi said.
The woman had earlier lodged a complaint with the Delhi Police commissioner’s office alleging that Kaushik was demanding his money back which her husband didn’t want to repay. She alleged that Kaushik was murdered with some pills which were arranged by her husband.
The woman claimed that she got married to the businessman on March 13, 2019, adding that she was introduced to Kaushik by her husband and the late actor met them regularly in India and Dubai.
She claimed that on August 23, 2022 Kaushik had visited their house in Dubai and demanded Rs 15 crore from her husband.
"I was present in the drawing room where both Kaushik and my husband got involved in an argument. Kaushik was saying that he was in dire need of money and it has been three years since he gave Rs 15 crore to my husband for investment purposes. Kaushik also said that neither any investment was made nor his money was returned for which he was feeling cheated," read the complaint.
(With input from IANS)