Govt Assures 100% Power Restoration In Bhubaneswar By May 12
Bhubaneswar: Five days post the disastrous Fani, the denizens of the Capital City have seen what they had never imagined over the years. Amid the scorching heat sans electricity and water, State Information and Public Relations Secretary Sanjay Singh today informed that 80 per cent electricity will be restored in Bhubaneswar by May 10 and the city will see complete power supply restoration by May 12. However, power restoration in Puri will take another month, he said.
Addressing a presser, Singh stated,”In Cuttack, 80 per cent water supply has been restored and we are targeting complete restoration by today evening. In Khurda, almost 70 per cent water supply has been restored so far, while the rest 30 per cent is likely to resume today. Water supply has resumed in Bhubaneswar and Puri as well. We have used different DG sets capacity-wise for different areas to restore water stock.”
“We have set a target to restore 80 per cent power supply in Bhubaneswar by 10th of May. If we go by the overall picture, by May 12 there will be complete power restoration. On the other hand, restoration work would begin in Nimapara and Puri after May 12 as these areas have suffered maximum damage in the cyclone,” Singh added.
Even as 2000 staff have been deployed in Puri, the government has made it clear that it would take another 30 days to restore power supply in the affected areas.
Informing about the phase-wise power restoration in Bhubaneswar, Senior General Manager of CESU, Subrat Mishra said, “Yesterday, around 3700 consumers in Unit-6, Unit-8, Rasulgarh, Badagada, Chandrasekharpur, Xaviers, VSS Nagar had got power supply. We are expecting that 15,000 consumers under BCDD-1 will get power supply by today evening.”
“We are expecting that 15,000 consumers will get power supply by today evening in Bhubaneswar,” Senior General Manager of CESU, Subrat Mishra briefs on power restoration #CycloneFaniAftermath pic.twitter.com/JFsEm0GVwI
— OTV (@otvnews) May 8, 2019
Meanwhile, an Emergency Restoration System (ERS) tower is being erected to restore uninterrupted power supply. As Fani had distrupted the Baripada-Pandiabil transmission line at Chandaka, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today visited Chandaka to take stock of the ongoing restoration work by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL).