7 taken ill after consuming ‘toxic’ mushroom in Koraput

Jeypore: As many as seven persons fell sick after allegedly consuming toxic mushrooms in Kakalapada village under Lamataput block of Koraput today.

As per reports, one Ghasi Pangi of the village bought some mushrooms from Kumuliputa market and cooked them last evening. After consuming the cooked mushroom, Pangi, his family and some of his neighbours who also ate the dish complained of uneasiness.

Following the incident, some villagers admitted all the affected persons including Pangi to Lamataput Community Health Centre (CHC).

“I bought the mushrooms from the market and cooked them at my house. Half an hour after consuming the mushroom, I felt uneasy and started to vomit. My family members also had similar experience. Some villagers admitted us to the hospital. I am feeling better now,” said Pangi.

As per latest reports, condition of all the affected persons is stated to be stable.