We Report, You Decide

Elephant electrocuted in Orissa

Sambalpur: An elephant was electrocuted after being entangled in a high-tension live electric wire in Orissa`s Sambalpur district, forest officials said today.

The charred carcass of the jumbo was spotted by local people today near Kajuriatikira inside Bamragarh forests under Bamra wildlife division, about 70 km from here, they said.

Forest personnel have rushed to the spot and a post-mortem would be conducted before giving it a burial, the sources said.

The area is located under the elephant corridor in Bamra forests and low-lying electric lines in the area often turn out to be death traps for elephants, the villagers said.

Read Our Next Story

End Google Tag Manager (noscript)