Tributes paid to architect of modern industrial revolution in Odisha Dr Bansidhar Panda on his death anniversary
The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has put stipulations for the entry of devotees into religious institutions, including the Lord Lingaraj Temple in the Capital city on Maha Shivratri.
In an official order, BMC said that the stipulations should be followed scrupulously by all concerned without any deviation during the celebration of Maha Shivratri on March 1, 2022.
Here are the key stipulations:
1. The Sebayats who will perform their religious rites on the day of Maha Shivratri shall perform their duties as usual by observing COVID appropriate behavior like proper wearing of masks, social distancing and hand hygiene.
2. The devotees are allowed for darshan of Lord Lingaraj from Singhadwar to Aadda Kathha on the occasion.
3. There will be no Puja during darshan of Lord Lingaraj near Aadda Kathha by the devotees on the day of Maha Shivratri.
4. Sahan Mela darsan/ Garvagruha darasan is not allowed on Maha Shivratri day.
5. The devotees shall have to maintain social distance at all times during the events. The temple authority shall ensure that only that many devotees are allowed inside the temple premises so that social distancing of 6-ft is maintained at all time.
6. All the devotees shall have to wear masks appropriately at all times during the occasion.
7. Provision of hand washing / hand sanitizer for the devotees are to be ensured by the temple authority.
8. Spitting inside & outside the premises and chewing of Pan /Ghutka is strictly prohibited.
9. The person with SARI / ILI like symptoms shall not be allowed into the temple. Other vulnerable group of people such as person with co-morbidities, old age persons, pregnant women or children below 12 years of age should avoid the event.
10. Any kind of Mela/Congregation of temporary vendors which will cause gathering is strictly prohibited outside the temple premises so as to avoid crowding.
Meanwhile, the auspicious Mahadeep will be raised atop the Lord Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneswar at 10 pm on Maha Shivratri. Besides, elaborate security arrangements will be made at the 11th century Lord Shiva shrine on the occasion.