‘India failed to provide evidence about Pathankot attack’
Islamabad: New Delhi failed to provide evidence to Islamabad’s Joint Investigation Team, visiting India to probe the Pathankot attack, to prove their allegation that Pakistan based militants stormed the Air Force base, sources close to the team said.
The JIT members visited Pathankot airbase on March 29 where Indian National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials briefed and showed them the route from where the attackers stormed the airbase.
Pakistani investigators were allowed to enter the military airbase from the narrow adjacent route instead of the main entrance and the duration of their visit was just 55 minutes, enough to take a mere walk through the airbase, Geo News quoted sources as saying, adding that the JIT could not collect evidence in this limited time.
However, the team was informed about the negligence of the Indian Border Security Force, sources added.
It was said that at the time of the attack the BSF personnel were sleeping even though the organisation had been alerted about a possible attack 48 hours earlier, sources said.