Rohit Sharma-led team India is all set to lock horns with Sri Lanka at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai in the ongoing ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 match today. Unbeaten in the last six games, the Men in Blue will look to continue their winning momentum.
India are just one win away from confirming a spot in the semifinals while the Lankans will try to pull off an upset and stun the host team.
Looking back at the records, India have historically dominated the Lankans in the ODIs. Here’s a look into some interesting stats and facts involving the two teams before they clash at the Wankhede Stadium today at 2 pm.
1. India have won a total of 98 matches while Sri Lanka has won only 57.
2. India’s win by 317 runs against Sri Lanka on January 15, 2023 at Thiruvananthapuram remains the biggest in terms of runs by any team in the history of ODIs.
3. Virat Kohli remains the only batsman to hit ten centuries against Sri Lanka. The record is held only by Kohli against any team in ODIs.
4. Since 1998, India have not lost a single bilateral series against Sri Lanka.
5. Of the 66 ODIs played between the two teams in Sri Lanka, India have won 32 and lost 28 (no results for 6).