• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Rajendra Prasad Mohapatra

Nearly 20 students of Larkipali government ITI hostel in Bolangir district on Tuesday fell sick after consuming meals in which a dead lizard was found.

All the sick students have been admitted to Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital.

As per reports, several students of the hostel consumed the meal on Monday night. Later a student identified as Debahari Chhatria found a lizard in the meal. 

The information was immediately conveyed to the hostel in-charge Bidhu Bhusan Kar and following his intervention the remaining food was immediately disposed off.

However, several students complained of severe stomach pain late night following which they were admitted to the hospital immediately. The conditions of all the students are stated to be stable.

The hostel in-charge has ordered a probe into the incident.

“When I came to know about the incident, around 70-80 per cent students had already consumed the meal. The remaining meal was immediately disposed off. Fresh food was prepared and served to the students,” said Kar.

“The unfortunate incident happened due to the lackadaisical attitude of the cooks and their associates. Strong action will be taken against them,” he said.
 

Other Stories

scrollToTop