Tollywood actor Prabhas sought to fame and garnered the attention of movie lovers across the world 7 years back with 'Baahubali: The Beginning'. Helmed by ace director SS Rajamouli, the movie also starred Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia in the lead. Its sequel, 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' still remains the highest-grossing Indian movie with a record box office collection.
Even after 7 years, the Indian epic action film still remains refreshing in the minds of movie lovers.
Watched 7 times.— Karthik (@withluv_karthik) July 9, 2022
1. Viswanath (12:30AM show)
3. PVR (2)
4. Prasads (Large screen & Atmos)
5. SaiKrishna (RJY)#Prabhas @RanaDaggubati @MsAnushkaShetty @ssrajamouli @tamannaahspeaks @mmkeeravaani @meramyakrishnan @arkamediaworks#7YearsForBaahubaliPride pic.twitter.com/k0t5Y0sfGL
The movie which opened Pan Indian Market for every industry of Film making.. #Prabhas dedication and hard work.. #Rajamouli's vision and BB team hard work everything paid off.. ❤️❤️❤️ #7YearsForBaahubaliPride pic.twitter.com/WxvAFT4cHz— Masood Nawaz 🏹 (@HailPrabhas_) July 9, 2022
While social media is flooding with posts celebrating the 7th anniversary of the movie, the makers, as well as the star cast, even are in awe of the remarkable day.
Arka Media Works shared a post to mark the remarkable day. The caption read, "7 years ago, @ssrajamouli's #Baahubali made the world witness the power of Indian Cinema💥 Thank you for continuing to shower us with your love & support"
7 years ago, @ssrajamouli's #Baahubali made the world witness the power of Indian Cinema💥— Arka Mediaworks (@arkamediaworks) July 10, 2022
Thank you for continuing to shower us with your love & support#Prabhas @RanaDaggubati @MsAnushkaShetty @tamannaahspeaks @mmkeeravaani @Shobu_ @arkamediaworks #7YearsForBaahubaliPride pic.twitter.com/mRaoevUw9D
On the other hand, Avantika of the Baahubali series, portrayed by Tamannah also excited over the remarkable day and expressed her happiness through her social media post.
"Even after 7 years when people call me Avantika, it feels surreal. I feel proud to be a part of a film franchise that has made an impact all over the world. #7YearsOfBaahubaliPride," her post read.
Even after 7 years when people call me Avantika, it feels surreal. I feel proud to be a part of a film franchise that has made an impact all over the world. #7YearsOfBaahubaliPride @ssrajamouli @Shobu_ @RanaDaggubati @MsAnushkaShetty @arkamediaworks @karanjohar @DharmaMovies pic.twitter.com/zrcQDhS0Mg— Tamannaah Bhatia (@tamannaahspeaks) July 10, 2022
Undeniably, the Baahubali series, its story plot and the characters, as well as the actors, have become a part of the lives of movie lovers.
Lesser known facts about Baahubali
Both the magnum opuses were one of their kind and still remain the talk of the town. Even the recent movie from Rajamouli couldn't match the stature of the Baahubali series. Apart from the compelling story plot, the shooting sets and the spectacular Hollywood-like VFX offered the most enthralling cinematic experience to the audience.
While fans are well aware of different facts related to the magnum opuses, here we bring some more to relive the magnificent moment after 7 years.
- Apart from SS Rajamouli and his father Vijayendra Prasad, 13 members of his family had worked in the series.
- While Rajamouli's wife was in charge of the costumes, his son was the second unit director and his daughter danced in the song Saaho re Baahubali.
- In the technical part, the movie had 2500 VFX shots with 1300 VFX artists working on the project in over 36 studios across the world.
- Baahubali: The Beginning was the first movie of the Indian cine industry made at a whopping budget of Rs 180 crore. While the sequel was made at a massive budget of Rs 250 crore of which the climax scene alone cost Rs 30 crore.
- Baahubali series is the first Indian movie of which a museum has been created in Hyderabad's Ramoji Film City. The museum houses weapons, armours and costumes of the characters.
- The newborn baby shown in the movie was a female child.
- Among the many scenes, the sequence of Shivadu jumping from the waterfalls to climbing up the mountains was ecstatic for movie lovers. But, did you know how much effort Prabhas had put in to bring perfection? Prabhas took 105 shots to make the scene perfect. Moreover, he had given the shot right after his shoulder surgery. The scene was sheer proof of how Prabhas was dedicated to the movie. Prabhas devoted 5 years to making the Baahubali series possible.
- Ramya Krishnan was not the first choice of the maker for Shivagami. It was Sridevi, whom the maker wanted to bring in as the Raj Mata, however, the actress demanded a hefty amount which went over the budget of the movie.
- While a major part of the movie was shot in Ramoji Film City, the scenes shot in the snow were captured in Bulgaria. Apart from that, the waterfall scenes were filmed at Athirapally in Kerala.
- The iconic war sequences between Mahismati and Kalakeya army were shot in 120 days.
- Remember the weird language spoken by Kalakeya and his army? Kilikili was a fictional language and was created by lyricist Madhan Karky with complete syllables and words.
- Prabhas had gym equipment worth Rs 1.50 crore and he met several professional WWE fighters to learn about the different shades of bodybuilding. Even Rana Daggubati put on 33 kilos to get a fitting physique for his character.
- It is well known to everyone that Baahubali: The Beginning is the first non-English film to be screened at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
- Netflix has announced a web series titled Baahubali: Before The Beginning.