Bhubaneswar: Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Odisha as nine more deaths and 4,209 new positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
With this, the Covid-19 death toll in the State rose to 691, while the cumulative caseload jumped to 1,75,550, including 37,239 active cases and 1,37,567 recoveries till Saturday, informed the State Health and Family Welfare Department.
Bargarh reported two deaths, while Bhadrak, Bolangir, Cuttack, Gajapati, Puri, Rayagada and Sambalpur districts reported one death each.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2,441were detected from various quarantine centres while 1,768 were local contact cases.
— OTV (@otvnews) September 19, 2020
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 663 novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (491), Puri (326), Balasore (183) and Jajpur (176).
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of the nine Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours.
The deceased include:
- A 63-year-old male of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes & hypertension
- A 55-year-old female of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 52-year-old male of Bhadrak district
- A 55-year-old male of Bolangir who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 78-year-old female of Cuttack district
- A 37-year-old male of Gajapati district who was also suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- A 73-year-old male of Puri district
- A 52-year-old male of Rayagada district
- A 60-year-old female of Sambalpur district